The Rhododendron yearbook staff is proud to announce an exciting new service for AHS students, parents, teachers, coaches and relatives. Hundreds of outstanding photographs from this year’s sporting events, pep assemblies, homecoming activities and performing arts are now available online. Download digital photos or order custom prints from a professional photo lab. Visit ahs.smugmug.com to view the photo galleries. When prompted to enter a password, type in “seahawks”. If you have questions, please contact AHS yearbook advisor Jim Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org
2016-2017 AHS Rhododendron Yearbook News
AHS Yearbook News for 2017 Seniors
Dear AHS Seniors and Parents,
It’s finally here – your senior year at AHS! If you haven’t ordered a yearbook yet, please do so soon. The Rhododendron can be purchased in the ASB window from Mrs. Larkin before Thanksgiving for $50. In the spring, the price increases to $70.
Senior Portraits – Due by Friday, Oct. 21, 2016
- Senior Portraits have been a tradition at AHS for years. Most seniors choose to submit a custom photo for the senior section to replace the photo taken by the school photographer. These submitted photos may be taken by professional portrait photographers or just a friend or family member. The yearbook policy states that “these optional unaltered portraits must be of high quality, show the student's face clearly, and not include any obscene, offensive, suggestive, or ‘school inappropriate’ content.” The yearbook staff and advisor reserve the right to crop or refuse a photo that doesn’t meet the policy standards.
- Photo formats: students may submit photographic prints of 3”x5” or larger, or digital photos 6”x8” or larger.
- Please drop off prints, thumb drives or CDs to Mrs. Larkin at the ASB window. Digital photos may be emailed to email@example.com .
- The deadline for submission of Senior Portraits for inclusion in The Rhododendron is Friday, Oct. 21 th , 2016. Any portraits turned in after Friday, October 21th WILL BE CHARGED A $20 DOLLAR LATE FEE . Senior portraits WILL NOT be accepted after October 31 st .
• Photo formats: students may submit photographic prints of 3”x5” or larger, or digital photos 6”x8” or larger.
• Please drop off prints or CDs to Mrs. Larkin at the ASB window. Digital photos may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you can not get your child’s pictures professionally taken please contact Mr. Thompson( email@example.com )
He will assign a yearbook staff photographer to take your child’s portrait.
*If you do not submit students portraits we will be using the ASB card picture in the yearbook.
Senior Ads – Due by Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2016
The yearbook is a great place to celebrate a senior’s growth and achievements. Family members or friends may purchase senior ads for their senior. The deadline for Senior Ads is Tuesday, November 22, 2016, before Thanksgiving Break.
The following types of ads are available for purchase:
Baby Ads: Parents or grandparents submit one photo of the student as a baby or toddler. Include a message up to 30 words.
- Price: 1/10 page ad is $20
Senior Ads: These are available for any parent, family member of friend, or even a group of seniors may purchase an ad. These ads vary in design and may include several photos. See EXAMPLES below:
1⁄4 page - $50
1⁄2 page - $100
Full page - $200
Quarter page ad: $50
Size:6" tall x 4.5" wide inches
-Up to 5 pictures for this ad. If you have more writing then submit fewer pictures.
Half Page Ad: $100
Size: 6" tall x 9" wide inches
-Up to 10 pictures for this ad. If you have more writing then submit fewer pictures.
Full Page Ad: $200
Size: 12" tall x 9" wide inches
-Up to15 pictures and message. If you have more writing then submit fewer pictures.
Please submit your ad payment, photos and message to Joan Larkin at the ASB window. If you would like to email your message and photos electronically, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and send your payment to Mrs. Larkin at AHS.
Senior Flashbacks – These are photos from your childhood from members of your class and you together. Put your name on the back of the photo so it can be returned to you. Turn then into Mrs. Larkin at the ASB window.
If you have any questions or would like to talk to our ads editors about your student’s ad you can contact them:
The 2016-2017 Rhododendron Staff